Search This Blog

Monday 9 July 2012

Classic Nude

After a few weeks away from my degree it has been slow and I find myself looking for projects, competitions and work to either amuse myself or occupy my time...

The week before last (I think) I found myself in one of such projects and it was intensely rewarding. Being out of the studio for so long now it felt strange returning to the blank canvas of a room and it I gave myself 2 hours for prep!

So I saw one of my old friends (I'll keep this anonymous...) had posted some recent pictures online from a shoot that she had done - I had to contact her immediately, I felt a little voyeuristic since I was objectifying her body for photographing purposes..but Hey! You can't deny beauty when it's there!

My idea was basic (classical nude, soft, beautiful) and my model was game!
The shoot was surprisingly easy, relaxed and rewarding. I was nervous myself, I can't even imagine what the model felt, but after a few shots I was onto something and the model was in her prime. It was a fascinating and liberating experience and definitely worth it!

 Here are some of the results, any comments welcome.








 I have another shoot pencilled in with the same model for September, hopefully with both medium and large format film cameras, in mind for some really beautiful large format prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment