Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Silver Effect?

So I've been doing a lot of revised editing recently, since learning a lot from the course I'm studying. Its pretty evident that I am miles ahead from where I started a couple of years back, and the post processing skills I have, have improved massively.

I've been trying recently to achieve a sort of 'silver' effect in some of the portraits, and I've been having some difficulties. I've got a little bit of where I want the portrait to be, but haven't quite got the method yet.

I have been using the black and white filters, opacity layers and blending modes to create a dulling effect on the images, then played around with the colour toning, and dodging and burning. I just can't quite seem to get the hang of it.



This is what I have achieved so far, and I quite like them as they are, but what I'm really looking for is some feedback/suggestions on how I could get a more silver-ish effect out of the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment